Nokia Lumia 920 – Windows Phone 8 Notification symbols and icons

Indicator icons or Status symbols. The bar at the top of the screen tells you the current time, battery and signal strength, and much more. The following screenshot shows the icons for Nokia Lumia 920:

The type of mobile network you’re currently connected to may be shown with a single letter, a combination of letters, or a combination of letters and numbers. For example, 3G icon , depending on your network service provider.

The icons may vary depending on your region or network service provider.

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Tech & Science

facebook comments:

8 comments on “Nokia Lumia 920 – Windows Phone 8 Notification symbols and icons
  1. sameer ahmed says:

wat is triangle symbol

2. elizabeth hill says:

What is the square 4 lines, this is a new symbol that never saw before,I stared seeing it yesterday after my phoned updated, and another thing since my phone updated I can’t see any of my fb messages from my friends and now how have to go all the way on my fb page to see my page and my friends pages, I use to be able to do that from my fb pictures of me or my friend on the front of my phone. What happened I don’t lil this at all I don’t think that I will be doing any updating on this phone anymore, this new update has made my Lumia 920 Nokia very hard to use, I use to love this phone but the new update has made me want a,new phone iam very disappointed, if you have any input on how to fix this problem please let me know thank you

3. kathy mcleod says:

When I put my phone on charger it has a notification sound..how do I change that sound

4. Bob Redman says:

I have the same question as Karen above. Annoying. None of the instruction pages show the notification icon with 3 lines in it. Does it have anything to do with Data Sense or Yahoo Email

5. karen says:

Hiya, very helpful. I have a icon which is a white rectangle with three horizontal lines of different lengths. Anyone know what that’s for? Thanks!

• Howard says:

I rang Nokia about this. It’s a Notification icon telling there is one to read. On the main screen showing your tiles, put your finger on the area showing the notification area and slide it down. This should bring up all readable notes. After reading, the rectangular white icon with three black lines should be gone, indicating you have read it.
      Pity the manual or support don’t explain this properly.

6. DARKDOLL says:

how to turn off white triangle symbol?