Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Notification Bar Icon Guide

Indicator icons or Status symbols- Use the notifications panel to open the notifications panel, tap the indicator icons area
and drag it downwards. To hide the panel, drag the bottom of the panel upwards.
From the notifications panel, you can view your device’s current status and see the following symbols:

Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Tips & Tricks

facebook comments:

26 comments on “Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Notification Bar Icon Guide
  1. salman says:

My problem is my phone is samsung galaxy s3 when i am locked the screen the signal is gone when i am unlock and after 5 seconds the signal is full strenth plz what is problem HELP ME PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

2. MJ says:

The square box with an N inside means that you can share data with another phone by touching your phone to the other phone. Go to Settings and uncheck the box for sharing data. My was somehow turned on without my knowledge. Maybe by one of those apps that want all kinds of access?! @#+:#!!!

3. Michael says:

When I left the house yesterday and returned my S3 would not connect to wifi. I have tried everything, even a factory reset but still the same. it connects through my sim internet though. Anyone any idea why ?

4. Sam Miller says:

I have an icon that looks like a cross inside of an arrow pointing left. . Any ideas?

5. Jessica says:

How do i get rid of the icon that looks like a square with an N in it? It showed up and I don’t know what it is for….any ideas?

• kelltrill says:

Were you able to come right with this? I’m having the same problem and can’t figure it out.

• kelltrill says:

Thanks to the worldwide web: HTC One –> Settings > More > NFC (untick this box). The white rectangle with the N and signal lines means your NFC is turned on.

• MJ says:

6. A says:

I just got a new software update pushed to my S3, and now there is a notification icon I’ve never seen. Looks like a white square with 2 lines in it, sort of a lightnig strike pattern. Any ideas? I don’t get any informaiton when I drop down the notification list.

• kelltrill says:

Howsit – did you have any luck getting rid of that notification? I’m having the same problem and not finding anything about it online.

7. wendy parish says:

i have an H+with 2 arrows below it on my icon bar does anyone know what this means?

8. Luke Harrison says:

Mine has a number of ‘@’ symbols on the drop down bar :/

9. steve says:

i have a briefcase with a check mark inside of it…anyone?

10. Inge says:

My notification bar turned green, can anyone tell me why please?

11. Fenella says:

Anyone know what an R with a plane flying through it means? I’m abroad and my data roaming is turned off but this is in the right hand corner

12. kush says:

can any one tell me why green leaf icon is coming (seems square box in which battery symbol and diagonally green leaf is coming)

13. John says:

In my samsung device I too see the symbol, i with no signal notifications. Can someone help to get rid of this or explain what is this about

14. e says:

Mine has disappeared! Been to the notifcation menu in settings but nothing there. It just wont drag down

15. C says:

what does a green phone with a slash mark on it icon means?

16. jessica de la rosa says:

I have an I with a no signal sign and everybody keeps saying to turn back on the notification bar bsck on buy I don’t have it. Any other way to get rid of it?

17. benedict cataquis says:

what is the meaning of the icon looks like an eye???

• Heather says:

The means you’ve enabled smart stay. The front camera is checking to see if you’re looking at the screen. If the camera detects your face, it won’t go to sleep.

18. Dave says:

Today a new icon appeared for me, a “12” inside a box. Seems to be a missed notification.